Welcome to Stories by Storytel!
Storytel Sweden AB (hereinafter “Storytel”, “us”, “our” or “we”) offers a service (the “Service”) that allows you (hereinafter “You” or the “User”) to access literary content such as chat stories (the “Content”) streamed and/or temporarily downloaded over the Internet to Your mobile phone or to another compatible internet accessible device. The Service is offered under the name Stories by Storytel and/or Stories.
The effective version of the Terms can at all times be found on the Stories website.
- Age limit and account eligibility
- To be eligible to enter into the Terms and use the Service you must
- be at least eighteen (18) years old and/or otherwise have authorization and legal power to enter into this agreement, e.g. by law or in accordance with additional terms for a specific campaign;
- be a resident of the country in which the Service is made available to You; and
- agree to be bound by the Terms.
- To be eligible to enter into the Terms and use the Service you must
- The Service
- Storytel provides a service through which You as a User can read, stream and/or temporarily download literary content to Your mobile phone or via other internet accessible devices accessed via the Stories app/website or any other Stories preinstalled software. Additionally, the Service may include personalized recommendations, messages, and features developed and modified specifically for You to enhance Your user experience. Unless otherwise agreed in any supplemental terms or under a subscription plan offered to You by Storytel to which You have agreed, the Service, as described above, may only be used for Your non-commercial personal use in accordance with the Terms.
- In order to use the Service, You will need an internet-connected device compatible with technical requirements for Stories or one of Storytel’s business partner’s platforms onto which Stories application is installed. Storytel reserves the right however to modify technical requirements for the use of the Service and to change and add or remove business partners.
- Subscription plans
- Storytel reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to offer the Service through different kinds of subscription plans, which could mean and include but not be limited to: promotional plans, plans provided by (or bundled with) third parties, plans based on the number of offered simultaneous streams, or plans based on limitations in the Content provided.
- Content filters
- Any pre-installed Content filters (including category sections) or other filters that may be offered from time to time, are offered to you as a user as an optional function. Storytel takes no responsibility for, and does not warrant that, You will find the filters completely to Your personal satisfaction. Furthermore, Storytel cannot in any way guarantee that such filters are completely accurate or that they with complete certainty have filtered all non-relevant content in accordance with what has been intended. Please note that all Content is not appropriate for all ages. If a filter does not work to Your satisfaction, please discontinue any use of the filter immediately and let us know how we may improve the filter and the Service to better meet Your expectations by contacting Storytel via the Storytel or Stories website. Storytel welcomes any feedback regarding content that You find inappropriate or unsuitable in light of any filters used or that you otherwise suspect may contain infringing or otherwise unlawful features.
- Intellectual property rights
- The Service is our copyrighted property and contains the copyrighted property of our licensors or licensees, and all trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and other intellectual property rights in the Service or in the Content available to You from within the Service are owned by us or our licensors or licensees or any affiliated companies. Except as we specifically agree in writing, no element of the Service or its Content may be used or exploited in any way other than as part of Service offered to You under the Terms. You may own the physical device on which elements of the Service are delivered to You, but we retain full and complete ownership of the Service and all the intellectual property rights vested therein. We do not transfer rights or title to any portion of the Service to You nor do we transfer any rights or title to any portion of the Content made available from within the Service to You. Nothing provided by any brand owned or licensed by Storytel should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right of use of any trademark displayed on or within the Service to You.
- Content and sSoftware lLicense
- The Content offered to You via the Service will vary from time to time. It may also vary between the different countries and regions where the Service is available. The Content may also vary depending on Your location when You access the Service. Storytel makes no representation that the Service or the Content accessible through the Service will be available for use in any other country than Your residing country in which the Service is made available to You.
- The Service is configured to enable the use of the Service software, its Content, virtual items or other materials owned or licensed by us. By entering into these terms You are granted a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to access and use the Service software, its Content, virtual items or other material for Your personal, non-commercial use only.
- You acknowledge, warrant and agree that You, or anyone to whom You allow access to the Service via Your account, will not copy, reproduce, duplicate, modify, create derivative works from, display, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, transmit, sell, rent, lease, lend, sub-license or circulate or otherwise exploit for any purpose (commercial or otherwise) any material and/or part of or all of the Service to any third party (including, without limitation, the display and distribution of the material via a third party website) without the express prior written consent of Storytel or except as otherwise expressly permitted under applicable mandatory law.
- You also acknowledge, warrant and agree that You, or anyone to whom You allow access to the Service via Your account, will not; (1) redistribute, circumvent or disable any Content protection system or digital rights management technology used in the Service; (2) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce any Service to a human-readable form; (3) remove any identification, copyright or other proprietary notices; or (4) access or use the Service in an unlawful or unauthorized manner or in a manner that suggests an association with our products, services or brands.
- This section 6 also applies to everyone who has access to the Service.
- Third party content and links
- The appearance of external hyperlinks and/or other elements generated by third parties accessible from the Service, our website and any forums provided by Storytel both inside and outside of the Service does not constitute endorsement by Storytel and/or its affiliated companies of the opinions or views expressed by such third parties’ on or outside of their websites/social media platforms. Storytel does not verify, endorse or take responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness or quality of the content contained on these third parties’ sites. Furthermore, Storytel is not responsible for the quality of or delivery of any products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such third parties’ sites/social media platforms. As such, Storytel will not be responsible for content provided on any third-party website/social media platform, and further Storytel will under no circumstances be liable for any direct or indirect loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution or exploitation of any information or content contained within these third party hyperlinked websites/social media platforms.
- Duration and termination
- If you wish to discontinue use of the Service you may always do so by deleting the app.
- Storytel has the right to terminate or restrict Your use of the Service with immediate effect if Storytel has reasons to suspect that You (or anyone whom You have allowed access to the Service) have violated the Terms or any applicable laws, rules and regulations. This also apply if You are otherwise using the Service in a fraudulent way or a way that may cause damage to Storytel or any third party.
- Storytel’s rights and responsibilities
- As part of providing the Service, Storytel may contact directly via the Service for the purpose of communicating regarding the functionalities (including sending reminders about credit card expiration dates) and the Content of the Service.
- If You have separately agreed and accepted thereto, Storytel may also contact You via any other means of communication for e.g. marketing purposes.
- Storytel is not liable for any disruption to mobile networks or in the service of internet providers.
- The Service is available around the clock, seven (7) days a week. However, Storytel provides no guarantee that the Service will always be free of errors or interruptions. If there are any faults or interruptions affecting the Service, Storytel will be given the opportunity to correct these without there being a breach of contract, i.e. of the Terms. Storytel also has the right, within reason, to close the Service, for example, for carrying out upgrades and maintenance.
- Storytel may, at its own discretion, make changes in the Terms. When Storytel makes material changes to the Terms to Your detriment this will be communicated to You e.g. by displaying a notice in the Service or with a push notification via the Service no later than thirty (30) days before the changes take effect. It is therefore important that You read any notice or message from us carefully. If at any time You wish to discontinue using the Service due to such updates or changes in the Terms You may do so at any time.
- The User’s rights and responsibilities
- Unless otherwise follows from any applicable supplemental terms, the User may read and use the Content in the Service for the User’s private non-commercial use only. Users of the Service may e.g. not display any Content for an audience or in a public place. Your account details (including but not limited to login details) are personal and they may not be shared with others.
- The User undertakes not to circumvent or to attempt to circumvent the technical or other limitations in place to prevent copying of the Content in the Service and to not without Storytel’s permission copy, either in whole or in part, magazines, newspapers or otherthe content in the Service, even for private use.
- You acknowledge and agree that Your access to and use of the Service shall comply with the Terms. You also acknowledge and agree the same for everyone whom You allow access to the Service via Your account. Access to any other user may only be granted by You in accordance with the Terms.
- In any reviews of any Content that the User writes, the User is responsible for ensuring that the User’s opinions are expressed in accordance with applicable laws and with respect to others and that the User does not use words or phrases that may be perceived as discriminatory or unnecessarily offensive or objectionable in forums that may be associated with Storytel. It is furthermore the User’s responsibility to ensure that the User does not post, use or share intellectual property belonging to a third party or post, use or share content or comments that is or may likely be interpreted as illegal, e.g. defamatory content, materials portraying or suggesting sexual abuse or online hate comments.
- The User has no right to transfer his/her rights and obligations under the Terms, unless the User has Storytel’s written consent to do so.
- The User must not use the Service in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Service to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You understand that You, and not Storytel, is responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from Your device to us and You must use the Service, Your device and our website and any forums provided by Storytel both inside and outside of the Service appropriately and for lawful purposes only. Subsequently You agree not to use the website for any fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offense or other unlawful activity or to send to send, use or reuse any material that does not belong to You; or is illegal, offensive (including but not limited to material that is sexually explicit content or which promotes racism, hatred or physical harm), deceptive, misleading, abusive, indecent, harassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, or is in breach of copyright, trademark, confidentiality, privacy or any other proprietary information or right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties.
- In the event that the Service, or parts thereof, is incorrect or faulty, You are urged to contact Storytel by way of the contact form on the Storytel website, from the email address registered to Your account or by using any other means to inform us or to lodge a complaint.
- The User acknowledges that the Service includes Content not appropriate or suitable for minors. You therefore agree, regardless of whether or not You have chosen to use any content filter, not to let minors access the Service unless they are under Your supervision.
- Contracting party
- The Service is provided and made available to You under the Terms by Storytel Sweden AB, a limited liability company incorporated in Sweden with corporate identity number 556696-2865 and corporate address BOX 24167, 104 51 Stockholm. To contact us or our customer support department, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Service is provided to You solely for the non-commercial purpose of consuming entertainment, information and other similar purposes.
- The Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Sweden, excluding its conflict of laws principles. However, the Terms will not limit any consumer protection rights that You may be entitled to under the mandatory laws of Your country of residence if different than the above.
- In case of a dispute between Storytel and the User, the parties should first attempt to resolve the dispute by agreement. If the parties cannot agree, the dispute may be referred to Allmänna reklamationsnämnden (ARN), Box 174, 101 23 Stockholm, www.arn.se. Otherwise, the dispute shall be settled by the general court of law in Sweden.
- Additionally, the European Commission provides a website for online dispute resolution, dedicated to helping consumers and traders resolve their disputes out-of-court, available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
- If You are dissatisfied with the Service, the content available on it, or with the Terms, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing or using the Service.
- To find more information about the Service or if You need assistance with any feature or with Your account please contact email@example.com.
Last reviewed 2 April 2019
Storytel Sweden AB